Job Duties and Tasks for: "Mobile Heavy Equipment Mechanic"
1) Test mechanical products and equipment after repair or assembly to ensure proper performance and compliance with manufacturers' specifications.
2) Repair and replace damaged or worn parts.
3) Operate and inspect machines or heavy equipment in order to diagnose defects.
4) Diagnose faults or malfunctions to determine required repairs, using engine diagnostic equipment such as computerized test equipment and calibration devices.
5) Dismantle and reassemble heavy equipment using hoists and hand tools.
6) Clean, lubricate, and perform other routine maintenance work on equipment and vehicles.
7) Examine parts for damage or excessive wear, using micrometers and gauges.
8) Schedule maintenance for industrial machines and equipment, and keep equipment service records.
9) Read and understand operating manuals, blueprints, and technical drawings.
10) Overhaul and test machines or equipment to ensure operating efficiency.
11) Assemble gear systems, and align frames and gears.
12) Fit bearings to adjust, repair, or overhaul mobile mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic equipment.
13) Weld or solder broken parts and structural members, using electric or gas welders and soldering tools.
14) Clean parts by spraying them with grease solvent or immersing them in tanks of solvent.
15) Adjust, maintain, and repair or replace subassemblies, such as transmissions and crawler heads, using hand tools, jacks, and cranes.
16) Adjust and maintain industrial machinery, using control and regulating devices.
17) Fabricate needed parts or items from sheet metal.
18) Direct workers who are assembling or disassembling equipment or cleaning parts.